- Product: No. 1 Batch Kettle Rum
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Country: Venezuela
- Raw materials: mainly sug ar cane honeys
- Fermentation Method: 100% Batch Kettle, American white oak barrels, ex bourbon, ex malt
- Duration And Aging Method: 6 years
This system is characterized by a batch distillation, which means that a certain volume of fermented liquid is introduced for distillation and, as this is gradually depleted, it leaves a residue or water, which is drained off to be added to the next batch. This system is controlled by the Maestros Roneros, and is considered a semi- artisanal system.
The Batch Kettle Still was brought
to Diplomático’s La Miel distillery in 1959. This discontinuous distillation system is originally from Canada, where it was employed for the production of whisky.
Bold nose which combines sweet
and fruity aromas, wild flowers and vanilla notes for a delicious balance. Its elegance continues in the palate where delicate wood tannins are complemented by notes of toasted caramel and ripe red fruit flavors, ending in a soft, sweet and lingering aftertaste. Best serve Neat or on the rocks