ownerGiusto Occhipinti & Giambattista Cilia
- Product: Nero di Lupo
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: Sicilia IGT
- Country: Italy
- Raw materials: 100% Nero d’Avola
- SoilType: Calcareous and siliceous with compact clay and tufa
- Harvest Date: Late September
- Average Yield: 60 qls/h
- Vintage: 2013
- Region: Sicily
- Average Of Vineyards: 20 years
- Elevation: 250 meters above sea level
- Fermentation Method: Spontaneous on the skins with indigenous yeasts.
- Duration And Aging Method: 12-18 months cement tanks and bottles.
- Alcohol Content: 12%
- PRICE via SevenFifty
Ruby red in color with garnet reflexes. On the nose, the wine has beautiful aromas of cherry, mature plum and licorice. The taste has good correspondence with the nose showing those same flavors of cherry and plum. The tannins are very soft and the wine has well-balanced acidity with a persistent finish.