- Product: Mas de Lavail Côtes Catalanes Ballade Carignan Vieilles Vignes
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: IGP Côtes Catalanes
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Carignan
- SoilType: Black Schist high in the upper valley of the Agly River.
- Exposition: South
- Average Yield: 30 hl/ha
- Vinification: Grapes are harvested by hand and destemmed before being placed in vats. Alcoholic fermentation is done at 25°C with regular pumping over for a soft extraction. Maceration lasts 4 weeks before pressing.
- Region: Roussillon
- Average Of Vineyards: The vines average 50+ years of age.
- Duration And Aging Method: Aged in cement tanks, bottling 2 years after the harvest and stored in air-conditioned cellars.
- Alcohol Content: 14%
- Production: 5,500 cases
Serve at a temperature of 18°C. Best with poultry in sauce, or roasted meat.
The sun of the Roussillon wine region is fully expressed through intense ripe fruits aromas. A round and supple wine with soft tannins and a great balance.