- Product: Mas de Lavail Maury Expression
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Maury
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Grenache
- SoilType: Black Schist high in the upper valley of the Agly River.
- Exposition: South
- Average Yield: 20 hl/ha
- Vinification: Picked by hand, the grapes are de-stemmed before being placed in vats where fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 28°C. Fermentation is stopped in the middle of the ‘solid’ phase in mid fermentation by adding neutral alcohol. Alcoholic maceration continues for another three weeks.
- Region: Roussillon
- Average Of Vineyards: averaging 40+ years of age
- Elevation: 150m
- Alcohol Content: 15%
- Residual Sugar: 90 g/l
- Production: http://domaineselect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ML_-_MAURY_ROUGE_EXPRESSION_SM.jpg
Delightful when paired with duck in a cherry sauce, blue cheese, or even a good cigar. But it is at its best with desserts containing fruits or chocolate.
Brilliant color with deep garnet reflections. A complex nose with aromas of blackberry, fresh fig. After a few years, notes of cocoa develop as well. Beautiful mouth and good structure.