- Product: Mas de Lavail La Desirade
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Côtes du Roussillon Villages
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 50% Syrah, 25% Old vine Carignan, 25% Grenache
- SoilType: Black Schist high in the upper valley of the Agly River.
- Exposition: South
- Average Yield: 25 hl/ha
- Vinification: Grapes are harvested by hand and destemmed before being placed in vats. Alcoholic fermentation is done at 25°C with regular pumping over for a soft extraction. Maceration lasts 4 weeks before pressing.
- Region: Roussillon
- Average Of Vineyards: Vines average 50+ years of age.
- Elevation: 150m
- Duration And Aging Method: The wine matures for 12 months in French oak barrels. It is bottled during the two years following the harvest and stocked in air conditioned cellars.
- Alcohol Content: 14%
- Production: 780 cases
Roast beef, lamb, game and cheese.
Dark ruby. Complex nose with red fruits, ripe blackcurrant, and black cherry aromas.The mouth is enhanced by a mass of warm, sunny spices flavors. Nice, long finish and spices, liquorice and cocoa notes.