ownerAlejandro Sejanovich and Jeff Mausbach
- Product: Manos Negras Stone Soil Select Malbec
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Country: Chile
- Raw materials: 100% Malbec
- Harvest Date: April 12
- Region: Altamira, San Carlos
- Fermentation Method: Gentle de-stemming, cold maceration for 6 days at 8° C. Whole berry fermentation with natural yeasts and max. temp. 18° C. Extensive pumping over, punching down and delistage for first 10 days of fermentation. Total fermentation time of 18 days.
- Duration And Aging Method: 12 months in French oak, 20% new. 100% malo-lactic fermentation in oak.
- Alcohol Content: 13.5%
- Acidity: 5,68
Sourced from the Altmira district of the San Carlos county, located in the southern Uco Valley at an elevation of 4,000’. Altamira has Mendoza’s most unique soil profile, with a patchwork of sandy, silty and stony soils all present in the same vineyard. The stony soils contain a high content of surface stones – round rocks that are literally painted white with calcium carbonate.
These patches of stony soil are very low in organic material and very high in mineral content. Their poor profile naturally brings down yields for exceptional concentration of aromas and flavors. Their rocky character imparts a stony texture to the Malbec wines. The Manos Negras Stone Soil Select Malbec is made entirely from select Malbec grapes from these patches of stone soils.