ownerAlejandro Sejanovich and Jeff Mausbach
- Product: Manos Negras Red Soil Select Pinot Noir
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Country: Chile
- Raw materials: 100% Pinot Noir
- Harvest Date: March 19
- Region: Añelo, Neuquen
- Fermentation Method: Gentle de-stemming, cold maceration for 2 days at 10° C. Whole berry fermentation with natural yeasts and max. temp. 22° C. Extensive punching down for first 7 days of fermentation. Total fermentation time of 12 days.
- Duration And Aging Method: 12 months in French oak, 20% new. 100% malo-lactic fermentation in oak.
- Alcohol Content: 13.9%
- Acidity: 5,70
Sourced from the Añelo district of the Neuquen province, located in the far southerly reaches of Patagonia at an elevation of 1,200’. Añelo has Patagonia’s most unique soil profile, with bright red, iron rich clay soils prevalent throughout the vineyard. The vineyard is located n a river bank that slopes down to the Neuquen river, with different soil textures up and down the embankment.
There are patches of brighter red soils in the vineyard which are very low in organic material and very high in iron mineral content. Their poor profile naturally brings down yields for exceptional concentration of aromas and flavors. These red patches impart exceptional complexity to the Pinot Noir fruit. The Manos Negras Red Soil Select Pinot Noir is made entirely from select Pinot Noir grapes from these patches of bright red soils.