ownerAlejandro Sejanovich and Jeff Mausbach
- Product: Manos Negras Carmenere
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Country: Argentina
- Raw materials: 100% Carmenérè
- Region: Colchagua
- Fermentation Method: Max. Temp 22º C. 14 days, 24 day maceration.
- Duration And Aging Method: 12 months in French oak 8% new
Carmenere has quickly developed into Chile’s signature red wine grape. It disappeared in European vineyards in the mid-1800s and reappeared in Chile more than 100 years later. Needing a long growing season to reach ripeness, the cool moderate autumns in Colchagua allow Carmenere to develop its signature dark, rich fruit flavors and full, yet soft texture.