ownerGiusto Occhipinti & Giambattista Cilia
- Product: Frappato
- Formats available: 750 ml, 1.5 L
- Appellation: Sicilia IGT
- Country: Italy
- Raw materials: 100% Frappato
- SoilType: Medium consistency; Formed of subalpine sands of Pliocene origin with layers of clay and compact calcareous tufa.
- Exposition: South-East
- Harvest Date: Late Sept/Early Oct
- Average Yield: 50 quintali-2.2 tons/acre
- Vintage: 2013
- Region: Sicily
- Vineyard Site: Vittoria - Pedalino
- Elevation: 250 meters asl
- Fermentation Method: Spontaneous on the skins with indigenous yeasts.
- Duration And Aging Method: Glazed cement tanks.
- Alcohol Content: 12.5%
- Acidity: 0.81 g/L
- Residual Sugar: 1.79 g/L
- Production: 25
- PRICE via SevenFifty
Deep ruby red, high brightness. The nose reveals an olfactory profile of great charm, all played on Mediterranean juniper tones, rust, pink and purple raisin, plum. In the mouth it is velvety, soft, pleasant. A good acidity crosses tasting and accompanies it to a final excellent persistence.