- Product: Domaine Sainte-Eugénie Le Clos
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: Vin de Pays de Hauterive
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 45% Merlot, 20% Old vine Carignan, 20% Grenache, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon
- SoilType: Clay and limestone, pebbles.
- Exposition: Primarily Southern.
- Average Yield: 60 hl/ha
- Vinification: 100% Destemming and crushing. A prolonged, 20 day minimum maceration is followed by a controlled, cool (77°F) fermentation. Malolactic fermentation, then blending after 9 months of aging the 4 varietals separately.
- Region: Languedoc
- Average Of Vineyards: 30-50 year old vines, 60+ years for the Carignan.
- Elevation: 300-650 feet
- Duration And Aging Method: Extensive aging, at around 24 months in vats.
- Alcohol Content: 13%
- Production: 10,000 cases
A perfect accompaniment to duck terrine laced with olives, a roast rack of lamb, boeuf bourguignon. or pork chops with fines herbes.
Attractive raspberry red color with hints of garnet. Lively, complex nose of red and black fruits. Refined, even exotic, with hints of incense, spices (nutmeg, clove, ginger) anise, and tobacco. Soft in the mouth with fresh acidity. Well-structured yet elegant, with fine tannins.