- Product: Domaine Sainte-Eugénie Corbières Rouge
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Corbières
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 40% Old vine Carignan, 30% Grenache, 30% Syrah
- SoilType: Clay, limestone, pebbles.
- Exposition: Primarily Southern
- Average Yield: 45 hl/ha
- Vinification: 100% destemming and crushing. The length of maceration is quite prolonged, usually a minimum of 20 days. A controlled, cool (77°F) fermentation. Malolactic fermentation follows, and blending occurs after 9 months of aging the 3 varietals separately.
- Region: Languedoc
- Average Of Vineyards: 30-50 year old vines, 60+ years for the Carignan.
- Elevation: 300-650 feet
- Duration And Aging Method: An extensive 24 months, prior to bottling, in vats.
- Alcohol Content: 13.5%
- Production: 7,500 cases
Barbecued, braised or roast beef, duck or lamb, pheasant, grouse, partridge, flavorful cheese.
Rich, dark purple color. The wines presents a lovely array of fresh red berries, especially cherry and raspberry, with hints of flowers, spice and zest of orange. Full-bodied with rich, round tannins. Wonderfully complex and balanced. Satiny texture.