- Product: Domaine Sainte-Eugénie Corbières La Réserve
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Corbières
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 40% Old vine Carignan, 30% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- SoilType: Clay and limestone, pebbles.
- Exposition: Primarily Southern
- Average Yield: 45 hl/ha
- Vinification: 100% destemming and crushing. A prolonged, 20 day minimum maceration period is followed by a controlled, cool (77°F) fermentation. Malolactic fermentation, then blending after 9 months aging the 3 varietals separately in oak casks.
- Region: Languedoc
- Average Of Vineyards: 30-50 years old , 60+ years for the Grenache Noir and Carignan.
- Elevation: 300-650 feet
- Duration And Aging Method: Extensive aging for 26 months in French oak barrels.
- Alcohol Content: 13.5%
- Production: 1,000 cases
Beef Wellington, roast or stewed game, roast capon, goose or turkey, or even a fine cheese platter.
Magnificent intense purple color, nearly black. Multi-layered bouquet of wild and domestic fruits enriched by hints of vanilla, flowers, anise, tobacco and mocha. Great purity and intensity. Generous, rich, concentrated flavor. Remarkable length with lingering subtleties. A fusion of power and perfect harmony.