- Product: Domaine Saint-Rémy Riesling Lieu-dit Herrenweg
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Alsace
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Riesling
- SoilType: Rich sandy alluvial clay, covered with silt and loess. Herrenweg is a combination of gravel mixed with sand. It has excellent drainage and a warm micro-climate that allows maximum ripeness while maintaining freshness, and preserves the balance between soil and fruit.
- Average Yield: 59 hl/ha
- Vinification: Philippe presses the fruit immediately after picking to extract the maximum aromatics and retain the bright fruit qualities. Fermentation ranges from 1 month - 4 months, or perhaps a bit longer, and is done in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Pneumatic pressing.
- Region: Alsace
- Average Of Vineyards: 35 years old
- Duration And Aging Method: After fermentation the wine is racked and left on its fine lees 6 to 8 months with bâtonnage once a month.
- Alcohol Content: 12.5%
- Acidity: (H2SO4) 4.26 g/l approximately
- Residual Sugar: 11.70 g/l approximately
Grilled Fish, Coq au Riesling.
This lightly sweet white is well-integrated and elegant, with crisp acidity that tempers the lush mouthfeel. Accents of honey and spicy compliment the notes of pear, kumquat and grapefruit granita.