- Product: Domaine Saint-Rémy Pinot Noir Barrique
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Alsace
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Pinot Noir
- SoilType: The soil is only composed of Tertiary border conglomerates with calcareous marls.
- Exposition: Southeast facing
- Average Yield: 340m
- Vinification: Long and traditional vinifications using only native yeasts.
- Region: Alsace
- Duration And Aging Method: This wine is aged in 100% burgundy barrels
- Alcohol Content: 13%
- Acidity: 3.20g/l
Pinot Black of rich and powerful Alsace with soft tannins, with notes of blackcurrant and vanilla slightly mature. Serve on grilled red meats, game, and cheeses. Facing south, south-east lies at an altitude of 270 to 360 m, on a fairly steep slope. The soil mainly consists of Oligocene conglomerates and limestone marl, gives the wine a strong character and very robust.
Grapes carefully sorted, de-stemmed and put into maceration tank. The berries remain in contact with the juice during fermentation to extract tannins and coloring compounds in wine. Pressing will occur after 2 to 3 weeks of maceration.