- Product: Domaine Saint-Rémy Pinot Gris Lieu-dit Im Berg
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Alsace
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Pinot Gris
- SoilType: Acid siliceous soil, very fertile, that is comprised of a weathered crystalline scree with some basic inclusions. There is also clay coarse sand that is mineral rich and determines the finesse and complexity of aromas in the wines.
- Vinification: A pneumatic press is used for the pressing of the grapes, which lasts from 3 to 6 hours according to the grape variety. The juice is kept cold by a temperature controlled process to ensure a slow fermentation, which will last anywhere from 15 days to 4 months.
- Region: Alsace
- Average Of Vineyards: 25 years old
- Duration And Aging Method: After fermentation the wine is racked and left on its fine lees 6 to 8 months.
- Alcohol Content: 13%
- Acidity: (H2SO4) 3.45 g/l approximately
- Residual Sugar: 13.50 g/l approximately
Quiche Lorraine, white meat such as chicken or veal with a creamy sauce and mushrooms.
A subtle white that is clean and balanced, with a spicy note that cuts through the notes of apple, apricot, almond and kumquat. A lingering, smokey finish.