- Product: Domaine Saint-Rémy Pinot Gris Grand Cru Brand
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOP Alsace Grand Cru
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Pinot Gris
- SoilType: Located on the mountainside and at the bottom of the Vosges Mountains, the soil consists of granite with black and white micas. Brown acidic soil is present, as well as coarse grained sandy soil (low water retention, but enough mineral nutrients).
- Exposition: South, Southeast facing with remarkable exposure to the sun.
- Average Yield: 45 hl/ha
- Vinification: Philippe presses the fruit immediately after picking to extract the maximum aromatics and retain the bright fruit qualities. Fermentation ranges from 1 month - 4 months, or perhaps a bit longer, and is done in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Pneumatic pressing.
- Region: Alsace
- Average Of Vineyards: 15 years old
- Elevation: 360 m
- Duration And Aging Method: After fermentation the wine is racked and left on its fine lees 6 to 8 months.
- Alcohol Content: 13%
- Acidity: (H2SO4) 3.71 g/l approximately
- Residual Sugar: 32.60 g/l approximately
Foie gras, indian or thai, or any spicy food
Prominent scents of dried apricots and ripe melon. Rich and sweet on the palate, the flavors of apricot, peach and melon fade slowly, picking up hints of orange marmalade.