- Product: Domaine Saint-Rémy Pinot Auxerrois Lieu-dit Val Saint-Grégoire
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Alsace
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Pinot Auxerrois
- SoilType: Granite
- Exposition: South, Southeast facing.
- Average Yield: 69 hl/ha
- Vinification: Philippe presses the fruit immediately after picking to extract the maximum aromatics and retain the bright fruit qualities. Fermentation ranges from 1 month - 4 months, perhaps a bit longer, and is done in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Pneumatic pressing.
- Region: Alsace
- Average Of Vineyards: 18 years old
- Duration And Aging Method: After fermentation the wine is racked and left on its fine lees 6 to 8 months with bâtonnage once a month.
- Alcohol Content: 12.5%
White meat, such as chicken.
This Pinot Auxerrois is considered the finest clone of Pinot Blanc because of its naturally low yields and smaller berry size which increases the skin to juice ratio. A brilliant gold color, the wine offers up intense scents of apple and white peach blossoms complimented by a white pepper finish. This wine is round and slightly off-dry with juicy, fresh red apple fruit.