- Product: Domaine Saint-Rémy Gewürztraminer Lieu-dit Herrenweg
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Alsace
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Gewürztraminer
- SoilType: Rich sandy alluvial clay, covered with silt and loess. Herrenweg is a combination of gravel mixed with sand. It has excellent drainage and a warm micro-climate that allows maximum ripeness while maintaining freshness and acidity, and preserves the balance between soil and fruit.
- Average Yield: 65 hl/ha
- Vinification: A pneumatic press is used for pressing, which lasts from 3 to 6 hours.The juices are made cold by a temperature controlled process to ensure a slow fermentation, which will last anywhere from 15 days to 4 months.
- Region: Alsace
- Average Of Vineyards: 30 years old
- Duration And Aging Method: After fermentation the wine is racked and left on its fine lees 6 to 8 months.
- Alcohol Content: 13.5%
- Acidity: (H2SO4) 3.25 g/l approximately
- Residual Sugar: 29.20 g/l approximately
Thai curry dishes, rich duck, or spicy shrimp on a bed of baby spinach. Very delicious also with cheese like Munster, Roquefort, aged old Comté, or on a goat “crotin” with walnut bread. .
A restrained dry Gewurztraminer with fruity notes of candied orange peel, cantaloupe, and spice that are tempered by the wine’s bright acidity. Well-balanced, with a moderate finish that’s fresh and mineral.