- Product: Domaine Saint-Rémy Gewürztraminer Grand Cru Hengst
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOP Alsace Grand Cru
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Gewürztraminer
- SoilType: The soil of Hengst consists of Tertiary border conglomerates with calcareous marls. These talus slope formations consist of limestone boulders of different geological layers, but also of sandstone pebbles near the top of the slope.
- Exposition: Steep South, Southeast facing slopes
- Average Yield: 45 hl/ha
- Vinification: Philippe presses the fruit immediately after picking to extract the maximum aromatics and retain the bright fruit qualities. Fermentation ranges from 1 month - 4 months, or perhaps a bit longer, and is done in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Pneumatic pressing.
- Region: Alsace
- Average Of Vineyards: 34 years old
- Elevation: 340 m
- Duration And Aging Method: After fermentation the wine is racked and left on its fine lees 6 to 8 months with batonnage once a month.
- Alcohol Content: 13%
- Acidity: (H2SO4) 2.95 g/l approximately
- Residual Sugar: 51.80 g/l approximately
Foie gras, Munster cheese, washed rind cheeses such as Epoisses.
Superb golden hue. Intense nose combining floral notes and exotic fruits. Powerful, well-balanced palate offering up the same characteristic varietal aromas with a pleasant, very spicy finish.