ownerMichel & Stéphane Ogier
- Product: Domaine M&S Ogier Côte-Rôtie Belle Hélène
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Côte Rôtie
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Syrah
- SoilType: Schist
- Exposition: South, South-east
- Average Yield: 30 hl/ha
- Vinification: Sorting occurs twice, both in the vineyard and at a table in the entrance to the winery. 50% whole cluster pressed. Cold maceration in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks.
- Region: Rhône
- Average Of Vineyards: 70+ years old
- Elevation: 300-350m approx
- Fermentation Method: 18 months in barrel, comprised of 50% new oak, for the first year of aging.
- Alcohol Content: 13%
- Production: 160 cases
Lamb, sausage, grilled meat.
The wine exhibits notes of black olives, musky earthiness, lead pencil shavings and plenty of black as well as blue fruits. Full bodied with stunning concentration, with just a hint of smoky oak, and a true spiciness on the finish.