ownerMichel & Stéphane Ogier
- Product: Domaine M & S Ogier Viognier de Rosine
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: IGP Collines Rhodaniennes
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Viognier
- SoilType: Granite
- Exposition: West facing.
- Average Yield: 45 hl/ha.
- Vinification: Sorting occurs twice, both in the vineyard and at a table in the entrance to the winery. Direct pressing. Then 2/3 of the wine is fermented and aged in barrel (20% new oak), while the remaining 1/3 is fermented in tank. After seven months the barreled wine is decanted into tank and the 20% tank wine is placed in barrels for one month.
- Region: Rhône
- Elevation: 300-350m.
- Duration And Aging Method: Aged in a combination of barrel and foudre for 10 months on the fine lees.
- Alcohol Content: 12.5%
- Production: 1,250 cases
Creamy Baked Leeks with Garlic, Thyme, and Parmigiano.
The Viognier de Rosine is a high-toned, delicate, floral wine with wonderful length and complexity. Elegant white peach and apricot notes intermixed with honeysuckle.
Planted at a density of 10,000 feet/ha.