ownerMichel & Stéphane Ogier
- Product: Domaine M & S Ogier Syrah La Rosine
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: IGP Collines Rhodaniennes
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Syrah
- SoilType: Granite.
- Exposition: South, Southeast facing.
- Average Yield: 40 hl/ha.
- Vinification: Sorting occurs twice, both in the vineyard and at a table in the entrance to the winery. 100% de-stemmed. Cold maceration in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks. 100% indigenous yeast.
- Region: Rhône
- Vineyard Site: 3 ha.
- Average Of Vineyards: 20 to 30 years old.
- Elevation: 300-350m approximately.
- Duration And Aging Method: 12 months in barrel, no new oak.
- Alcohol Content: 12.5%
- Production: 2,650 cases.
Roasted Carrots & Shallots with Oil-Cured Olives & Gremolata
The La Rosine displays classic Côte Rôtie aromas and flavors such as smoked meats, ripe plums, black tea, and spice. Silky mouthfeel. This is an awesome entry-level wine from the northern Rhône, and is less than half the price of good Côte Rôtie
Planted at a density of 10,000 feet/ha.