ownerMichel & Stéphane Ogier
- Product: Domaine M & S Ogier Syrah de Seyssuel L’Ame Soeur
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: IGP Collines Rhodaniennes
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Syrah
- SoilType: Mica Schist
- Exposition: Southwest facing
- Average Yield: 35 hl/ha.
- Vinification: Sorting occurs twice, both in the vineyard and at a table in the entrance to the winery. 100% destemmed. Cold maceration in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks.
- Region: Rhône
- Elevation: 300-350m approximately
- Duration And Aging Method: 18 months in barrel, comprised of 20% new oak, for the first year of aging.
- Alcohol Content: 12.5%
- Production: 580 cases
Pair with lamb—the gamey notes of the Syrah bring out the wildness of the lamb.
Inky purple. Seductive cherry-cola and black raspberry aromas, with good minerality and acidity. Caramelized fruit and bacon fat are also pronounced-the style favors finesse over power.
The vines are planted at a density of 10,000 feet/ha.