ownerMichel & Stéphane Ogier
- Product: Domaine M & S Ogier Côte-Rôtie Reserve
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Côte Rôtie
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Syrah
- SoilType: Granite & Schist
- Exposition: South, Southeast facing
- Average Yield: 35 hl/ha
- Vinification: Sorting occurs twice, both in the vineyard and at a table in the entrance to the winery. De-stemmed at 20-30%. Cold maceration in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks.
- Region: Rhône
- Average Of Vineyards: 40 years old
- Elevation: 300-350m approximately
- Duration And Aging Method: Aging 18 months in barrels, 20% new oak, for the first 12 months of aging.
- Alcohol Content: 13%
- Production: 1,580 cases
Serve with Beef Wellington.
This is a beautifully balanced Syrah loaded with rich black fruits and a smoky, spicy palate. The texture is smooth and silky with a very long finish.