ownerMichel & Stéphane Ogier
- Product: Domaine M & S Ogier Côte-Rôtie Le Village
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Côte Rôtie
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Syrah
- SoilType: Granite and schist
- Average Yield: 35 hl/ha
- Vinification: Sorted by parcel in the vineyard and at the entrance to the winery. 20% whole cluster fermented, cold maceration in stainless steel tanks.
- Region: Rhône
- Vineyard Site: 2 ha total
- Average Of Vineyards: 5-30 years old
- Duration And Aging Method: 18 months in barriques-20% new oak.
- Production: 8,000 bottles
The entry level release that comes from the younger vines of the estate, the 2014 Cote Rotie Le Village would be a great intro into the wines of Cote Rotie. Perfumed and upfront, with lots of the classic raspberry, black cherry, mint, flowers and olive characteristics common in the region, it has medium-bodied richness, juicy acidity and a forward, deliciously quaffable profile that will make it hard to resist in its youth.