ownerMichel & Stéphane Ogier
- Product: Domaine M & S Ogier Condrieu La Combe de Malleval
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Condrieu
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Viognier
- SoilType: Granite
- Exposition: South
- Average Yield: 35 hl/ha.
- Vinification: Sorting occurs twice, both in the vineyard and at a table in the entrance to the winery. Direct pressing. Fermentation in large 500l oak barrels and in foudres.
- Region: Rhône
- Average Of Vineyards: 25 years old
- Elevation: 300-350m approximately.
- Duration And Aging Method: 10 months on the fine lees.
- Alcohol Content: 13.5%
- Residual Sugar: 35 hl/ha.
- Production: 830 cases
Condrieu is made from 100% Viognier and the wine has an ethereal bouquet of perfume and ripe tropical yellow and orange fruits. There is a minerality from the granite rich soil upon which the vines grow. Its texture is grippy and reminiscent of beeswax. As an explosively rich and fragrant wine, Condrieu is in a league of its own!
This is planted at a density of 10,000 feet/ha.