- Product: Domaine de Pouy Ugni Blanc-Colombard
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: IGP Côtes de Gascogne
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 60% Ugni Blanc, 40% Colombard
- SoilType: Clay-limestone soils and boulbene topsoil with ochre-colored sand known as sables fauves.
- Vinification: To prevent oxidation, grapes are taken directly from the vines to the vats in isothermal tanks protected by a layer of inert gas. Grapes are then poured into one of eight 50-ton pneumatic temperature controlled presses, followed by skin contact maceration at 15°C / 59°F for 8 to 12 hours before being gently pressed. Stainless steel fermented. The must is then transferred to underground cold storage vats and kept at 5°C / 41°F for three to five days. Dry ice and refrigerated vats are used to slow fermentation and storage at –4°C year round ensures freshness. Bottled to order.
- Region: Southwest
Fish or seafood dishes.
This is smooth and fresh, its yellow apple flavors edged with grape skin spice.
Use of organic manure and a reduction in the use of sulfites. The estate also features a water treatment facility. Additionally, the Domaine uses partially de-mineralized water with a lowered pH level to dilute active ingredients. The results are enlightening; pesticide treatments have been cut by 40%. Furthermore, all glass bottles, aluminum caps, paper labels and cardboard packaging are 100% recyclable. Wines are suitable for vegetarians.