- Product: Domaine Claude Dugat Gevrey-Chambertin
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Gevrey-Chambertin
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Pinot Noir
- Average Yield: Dugat averages a maximum yield of no more than 18 hl/ha.
- Vinification: 100% destemmed. Fermentation is started immediately in concrete vats, but there is virtually no pumping over so as to avoid too tumultuous a fermentation. Grapes are punched down twice a day. Total vatting time is about two weeks after which the juice is left to settle for two days before going to barrel.
- Region: Burgundy
- Vineyard Site: 3 ha
- Average Of Vineyards: 50 years old.
- Duration And Aging Method: The village Gevrey is aged in a mix of 50% new oak barrels (228L) and 50% one year old oak barrels (228L) for 16-18 months. The barrels are sourced from Francois Frères.50 years old.
- Alcohol Content: 13%
- PRICE via SevenFifty
Braised Pheasant with Grapes
Cool red pinot fruit, dried flowers, earth, and mineral notes. Medium-bodied flavors that possess fine depth and impressive weight for a Village cru.