ownerDiane de Puymorin
- Product: Costières de Nîmes Rouge Les Cimels
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Costières de Nîmes
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 60% Syrah, 30% Carignan, 10% Grenache
- SoilType: Cailloux
- Exposition: South/Southeastern
- Average Yield: 35 hl/ha
- Vinification: The grapes are harvested by hand for the old vine Carignan. All grapes are destemmed, and then each varietal is fermented separately with long traditional extractions (28 days) for the Syrah and carbonic maceration for the Carignan.
- Region: Costières de Nîmes
- Duration And Aging Method: The wine is aged in concrete tanks for 18-24 months in order to have velvety round tannins.
- Alcohol Content: 14%
- PRICE via SevenFifty
Tobacco, lavender, herbes de Provence, and dark fruits are forthright on the nose. The palate is full bodied with rich, juicy fruit filling the mouth.
In conversion to organic.
The Domaine uses organic farming methods and works sustainably. They have abandoned plastic packaging materials, use solar energy, make their own compost, and use recyclable cardboard and water based inks.