- Product: Cordier Morgon Côte du Py Vieilles Vignes
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Morgon
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Gamay
- SoilType: Blue Schist with quartz
- Exposition: East
- Average Yield: 35 hl/ha
- Vinification: A gentle gravity-flow destemming, followed by maceration for 15 days, with daily punching down and pumping over. Indigenous yeast only.
- Region: Beaujolais
- Average Of Vineyards: 70+ years old as of 2015
- Duration And Aging Method: Ages for 18 months in 600 L barrels. No fining or filtration. Gravity fed bottling.
- PRICE via SevenFifty
” (…) Attractively layered nose of various dark berries, spice and plenty of earth and pepper scents. The very rich and solidly well-concentrated medium weight flavors are more obviously structured; indeed there is a robust mouth feel to the build-to-age finale. This is a relatively powerful and serious Morgon that possesses plenty of development potential. Recommended.” Allen Meadows