- Product: Cordier Juliénas Vieilles Vignes
- Formats available: 750 ml
- Appellation: AOC Juliénas
- Country: France
- Raw materials: 100% Gamay
- SoilType: Blue Schist
- Exposition: Southeast
- Average Yield: 30 hl/ha
- Vinification: A gentle gravity-flow destemming, followed by maceration for 20 days, with daily punching down and pumping over. Indigenous yeast only.
- Region: Beaujolais
- Average Of Vineyards: 60+ years old, as of 2015
- Duration And Aging Method: Aged in 600L barrels for 18 months. No fining or filtration. Gravity fed bottling.
- PRICE via SevenFifty
“This presents an interesting nose that is at once elegant yet somewhat somber with its aromas of earth, pepper, plum and floral hints. There is a juicy, even seductive palate feel to the solidly concentrated and ripe medium-bodied flavors that possess fine volume and focus on the lingering and utterly delicious finish. This will certainly repay mid-term aging yet it’s not so structured that it couldn’t be enjoyed young if desired.”-Allen Meadows