- Product: Barbera d’Alba
- Formats available: 750ml
- Appellation: Barbera d'Alba DOC
- Country: Italy
- Raw materials: 100% Barbera
- SoilType: calcareous and rich in clay
- Region: Piedmont
- Vineyard Site: Barolo in the areas Liste and Crosia
- Elevation: 250-300 m a.s.l.
- Fermentation Method: Short winter pruning of the vine (max 7-8 buds per plant)and selection of grapes during harvest.Traditional vinification in estate cellars in Barolo;medium maceration (8-10 days) at controlled temperature(20-22° C).
- Duration And Aging Method: Natural fermentation (without the addition of selected yeasts) is carried out for 12 days at low temperatures, 24/28°C, followed by a soft pressing and aging one part (70%) in stainless steel tanks for 10 months and the other part (30%) in large Slavonian oak casks for 10 months at a temperature of 18°C. After that the two parts are blended together for 6 months of refining in bottle
- Alcohol Content: 13.5%
- Acidity: over 7 g/l
- Production: 10200
- PRICE via SevenFifty
Intense ruby red colour. Persistent vinous fragrance in the nose almost ethereal, with moderate bottle ageing. Dry bitterish flavour, full body.