- Vineyard Area: 300 ha
- Soil Type: Gravely/marly sandstones
- Varieties Cultivated: Glera, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Sauvignon, Friulano, Ribolla Gialla, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Nero,
- Annual Production: 4,500,000 bottles
- Country: Italy
- Winemaker: Alberto Zanello
- Topography: Alluvial plain (alt. 100 mt.)/rolling hills (alt. 200 mt.)
Fantinel winery was born from the passion of Mario Fantinel, a well-known restaurateur in Friuli Venezia Giulia, who in 1969 purchased the first vineyards to raise the standard of the products offered to his customers. Love for wine was soon inherited by his sons, Luciano, Gianfranco and Loris, who increasingly expanded the family property. Nowadays, with the third generation represented by Marco, Stefano and Mariaelena, Fantinel has become an internationally prestigious company. Its pulsating heart is in Tauriano di Spilimbergo, where an elegant winery manages over 300 hectares of vineyards divided into the most renowned zones in the region, including the prestigious “Sparkling” line, so famous especially for the globally esteemed Prosecco.
Passion, tradition and innovation are the values whereby Fantinel has increasingly become an important point of reference in Italian wine business, boasting a massive presence in foreign markets: Fantinel wines are sold in over 90 countries, particularly in top-level on-trade sector and in the best specialized shops. A success confirmed by the excellent reviews received by international press.