our story and philosophy
Wine and spirits emerged from the intersection of philosophy, art, science, and sustenance. As a result, they feature prominently in cultural, political, and religious ceremonies and simultaneously play an integral role at the daily table. By increasing our awareness of the sheer beauty and simplicity of the universe, they elevate our experiences and provide an opportunity to cherish life. Domaine Select Wine & Spirits (DSWS) was founded to represent wines and specialized spirits from around the world of the highest quality and which express tremendous character, particular to their origin. DSWS is committed to working as partners with the producers within each portfolio to transmit the passion and personality inside every bottle. Expression, Diversity, Character and Tradition are tenets of DSWS and of the wines and spirits proudly represented.
Paolo Domeneghetti, Founder, lends international prowess stemming from extensive experience in the wine and spirits and restaurant industries paired with a vast array of in-depth relationships and extensive worldwide travel.
Allison Domeneghetti, President of DSMerchants, offers a distinctive perspective based on a professional and educational background in both fine art and history coupled with comprehensive experience in fine wine auctions and beverage sales and marketing. Their combined expertise spanning fine wine, boutique spirits, hospitality, sales, marketing, and brand building is unparalleled. Creativity, passion, and dynamic thinking have been the impetus for DSWS’s rapid growth and penetration of the U.S. market.
- 1999 DSWE founded as importer of fine wines
- 2000 launched wholesale division in New York
- 2002 integrated the portfolio of C Daniele & Co into the wholesale operation
- 2003 launched wholesale division in New Jersey
- 2006 acquisition of WineWave
- 2010 named Food & Wine’s Importer of the Year
- 2012 relocated to new Manhattan headquarters with a tasting and events facility
- 2013 launch of sake & Japanese spirits
- 2015 formation new strategic partnership with Walden Capital Management, a private equity group, Domaine Select Wine & Spirits (DSWS)
- 2015 acquisition of Vinecraft LLC, a Miami based fine wine and spirit distributor
TEAM A team of dynamic professionals with progressive ideas and extensive experience in sales, marketing and administration
PORTFOLIOS Portfolios have been strategically developed with foremost attention to philosophical alignment
ENERGY DSWS supports internal passion and knowledge which translates to the marketplace, enabling tremendous momentum and velocity of growth
GOALS Goal are specifically tailored for every producer within each market
LOCATION Headquartered in Midtown Manhattan with warehousing facilities in New Jersey and California
TECHNOLOGY All sales, financial, and operational transactions occur through several customized real-time software solutions to allow optimum transparency and efficiency
STANDARDS DSWS sets the highest standards in every aspect of business: portfolio management, sales, marketing and customer service